This is a scholarly and scientific discipline that deals with sociology, psychology, anthropology, economics, political science, history, policy, archaeology, geography, law, culture, linguistics, organization, and administration. The research under the social sciences covers the study of human society and of individual relationships in and to society. NIRI aims about bringing a positive change in society and contributing to the societal development by increasing creativity and innovation and changing the already accepted principles through its new research methodologies and looking at things out of the box. Thus, social sciences help make sense of the world in which we live while positively affecting people, policy, and organization. As the significance of social sciences research, perhaps overshadowed by natural and applied sciences, is declining, social science research emphasizes its need for social, economic, and cultural development.
The main objectives of the department are as follows.
- Recruit investigators with productive research and publication portfolio.
- Promote collaborative opportunities among researchers within the department and outside.
- Provide logistical support to write grants, conduct research, and write manuscripts.
- Conduct webinars on monthly basis.
- Plan and conduct training camps for undergraduate and high school students.
- Establish collaborative agreements and MOUs with government and non-government entities to foster research and development.